Re: C function returning rows, was Boolean text, with phrase ranking, search under Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: C function returning rows, was Boolean text, with phrase ranking, search under Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
"Edmar Wiggers" <edmar@brasmap.com> writes:
> Moreover, I have run into the same problem as you (in a different project
> though): how do you return more than 1 value from a C function?

In current releases, a C function cannot return a set; the expression
evaluator has a hard-wired notion that only SQL-language functions can
return sets.

This is fixed in current development sources (7.1-to-be).  How to do it
might even be documented by the time 7.1 gets out, though it's not yet
:-(

            regards, tom lane