Re: 'Invalid lp' during heap_xlog_delete - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Wood
Subject Re: 'Invalid lp' during heap_xlog_delete
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>   I'll try to look into that  with lower page sizes for relation and WAL pages.

The page size is totally unrelated to this bug.  When you repro the redo failure it is because the log record is being applied to an old page version.  The correct newer page version never got written because of the truncate page invalidation.  The cause is not a torn write.

> What's that?

Azure PostgreSQL on Windows has proprietary mechanisms in its filesystem to guarantee that a write is atomic.

- Dan