Re: BUG #15851: Concurrent Refresh of Materialized views not preserving the order of the underlying query - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

> Materialized view refresh concurrently with unique index:
> Sort order is not the same as that of the output of the underlying query

I do not think this is a bug.  A matview is basically a table, and
tables don't guarantee to preserve row ordering.

Possibly we need to clarify the docs around this point.

A more aggressive approach would be to reject ORDER BY in the
query defining a matview, but perhaps that's too in-your-face...

            regards, tom lane