Re: libpq: Which functions may hang due to network issues? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq: Which functions may hang due to network issues?
Date
List pgsql-general
Daniel Frey <d.frey@gmx.de> writes:
> With all that said, I think that PostgreSQL/libpq should have a clear, documented way to get rid of a connection that
isguaranteed to not hang. It has something similar for almost all other methods like opening connections, sending
request,retrieving results. Why stop there?

AFAICS, PQfinish() already acts that way, at least up to the same level of
guarantee as you have for "all other methods".  That is, if you previously
set the connection into nonblock mode, it won't block.

            regards, tom lane