Re: limiting connections per user/database - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: limiting connections per user/database
Date
Re: limiting connections per user/database  (Petr Jelínek <pjmodos@parba.cz>)
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Makes sense to me -- I'll take a look at implementing this. For now I'll
> just commit the bug fix.

I'm still missing what the exact "bug fix" is here.  So far we have
established that (a) the n_backends count is not tracked by the
collector; (b) the collector does not need it; (c) the count is
recomputed by each backend that might need it; and (d) we could probably
save some cycles by letting the collector count active backends instead
of making the backends do it.

(d) is a performance bug, but if there is a functionality bug I'm not
seeing it.

            regards, tom lane