Re: Problem with 7.3 on Irix with dates before 1970 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with 7.3 on Irix with dates before 1970
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Robert E. Bruccoleri" <bruc@stone.congenomics.com> writes:
>     There are differences in the regression tests for PostgreSQL
> 7.3b2 with handling of times before 1970. I recently sent out a set of
> diffs for the changes. I've looked through the datetime.c code, but
> it's not obvious to me what the cause of the change is. PostgreSQL 7.2
> works fine on Irix for these cases.

I have a feeling that it's got something to do with the workaround for
broken mktime() that I recently put in.  Could you try this experiment
and see what you get?  (This should at least tell us whether the
variance from common behavior is on the input side or the output side.)

regression=# set TimeZone TO 'PST8PDT';
SET
regression=# select abstime 'May 10, 1947 23:59:12';       abstime
------------------------1947-05-10 23:59:12-08
(1 row)

regression=# select (abstime 'May 10, 1947 23:59:12')::int4;   int4
-------------714585648
(1 row)