Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.
Date
Re: Problem with accesing Oracle from plperlu functionwhen using remote pg client.  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Hmm, I wonder if you could do something malicious with it.

There are any number of scenarios where exposing the client command-line
contents to other database users represents a security hole, quite
independently of whether anything falls over depending on the line
contents.  (I wonder whether there are any Oracle clients that accept
a password on the command line, for instance.)

The only reason this complaint is directed to us, and not Oracle,
is that the complainant knows how far he's likely to get complaining
to Oracle :-(