Re: Unicode Corruption and upgrading to 8.0.4. to 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Wollny
Subject Re: Unicode Corruption and upgrading to 8.0.4. to 8.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

Bytea-data in a plain text dump should be quite safe from iconv, as all the problematic characters (decimal value <32
or>126) in the binary string are represented as SQL escaped octets like \###.

Kind regards

   Markus