Re: diff-/patch-functionality for text-type data inside PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Wollny
Subject Re: diff-/patch-functionality for text-type data inside PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

Not so much surprising, no, but I hadn't expected it to fail altogether on entries that just end after one line of text
justbecause they lack a newline character - they are a one line text after all, so I assumed that the diff would
producea "replace this old line with the new one" type of instruction instead of producing something that patch doesn't
seemto be able to process at all.

Kind regards

   Markus

Computec Media AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818)
Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender) und Rainer Rosenbusch
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276