Re: Transaction wraparound problem with database postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Wollny
Subject Re: Transaction wraparound problem with database postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

Thanks for all the quick replies :)

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Markus Wollny" <Markus.Wollny@computec.de> writes:
>> Just some more info, hoping that it helps with a diagnosis:
>
>>  1: datname     (typeid = 19, len = 64, typmod = -1, byval = f)
>>          2: age (typeid = 23, len = 4, typmod = -1, byval = t)
>>          3: datfrozenxid        (typeid = 28, len = 4, typmod = -1,
>>          byval = t)         ---- 1: datname = "postgres"
>>          (typeid = 19, len = 64, typmod = -1, byval = f) 2: age =
>>          "-2147321465" (typeid = 23, len = 4, typmod = -1, byval =
>> t) 3: datfrozenxid = "1835116837" (typeid = 28, len = 4, typmod =
>> -1, byval = t)
>
> What are the datfrozenxid's of the other rows in pg_database?
> Do the other fields of postgres' row look sane?

Yes, there were no issues on any of the databases that are actually in use:

# select datname, age(datfrozenxid), datfrozenxid from pg_database;
  datname   |    age    | datfrozenxid
------------+-----------+--------------
 rpfcms     | 104213725 |   3881601233
 rpfflash   | 147289015 |   3838525943
 postgres   | 103052193 |   3882762765
 template1  | 104213787 |   3881601171
 template0  |   3052193 |   3982762765
 ezpublish  | 147419044 |   3838395914
 community  | 147566532 |   3838248426
 abo        | 147689637 |   3838125321
 bluebox    | 147679271 |   3838135687
 cbox       | 147582662 |   3838232296
 mpo        | 147309716 |   3838505242
 newsletter | 147309110 |   3838505848
 pcaction   | 147297707 |   3838517251
 pcgames    | 147291588 |   3838523370
 magazine   | 147419044 |   3838395914

Only the 'postgres' db was affected - which is puzzling because we don't actually use this database actively for
anything.

Kind regards

  Markus

Computec Media AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818)
Vorstandsmitglieder: Johannes S. Gözalan (Vorsitzender) und Niels Herrmann
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276