Re: BUG #3048: pg_dump dumps intarray metadata incorrectly - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #3048: pg_dump dumps intarray metadata incorrectly
Date
Re: BUG #3048: pg_dump dumps intarray metadata incorrectly  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
"Dmitry Koterov" <d@koterov.ru> writes:
> [ pg_restore fails with ]
> ERROR:  could not make operator class "gin__int_ops" be default for type
> pg_catalog.int4[]
> DETAIL:  Operator class "_int4_ops" already is the default.

Yeah.  I'd say that intarray's attempt to override the default status of
the built-in gin opclass is simply a bad idea and should be removed.
It's not even documented that it does that (in fact I see no mention of
GIN at all in README.intarray :-(, so we have a documentation lack
here too).

Comments?

            regards, tom lane