how to return field based on field= NULL or not - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Juan Backson
Subject how to return field based on field= NULL or not
Date
Re: how to return field based on field= NULL or not
List pgsql-general
Hi,

In my table, I have fieldA and fieldB.  At any point in time, only one of these fields can have data in it.  The other is NULL.

Instead of "select fieldA, fieldB from table", I want it to return either fieldA or fieldB depends on whether it is NULL or not.

The reason is because I want to use "select array_to_string(array_accum(field A or field B) ,',') from table.

Is it possible to do it that way?

Thanks,
JB