Re: BUG #18576: Using EXPLAIN (VERBOSE) in information_schema.element_types returns ERROR: failed to find plan for - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #18576: Using EXPLAIN (VERBOSE) in information_schema.element_types returns ERROR: failed to find plan for
Date
In response to Re: BUG #18576: Using EXPLAIN (VERBOSE) in information_schema.element_types returns ERROR: failed to find plan for  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> writes:
>> Agreed.  Do you think it would be helpful to add some assertions to
>> verify the plan type?

> I thought about that but didn't experiment with it.  I wonder whether
> it'd just make the code more fragile.  Still, it might be useful to
> verify that things are happening as we expect.

After sleeping on it, I elected to add the Asserts as suggested,
except in v12 where they'd have had to look different.  That's
not strictly a matter of laziness: v12's next release will be its
last, and I've been burned often enough to become very hesitant
about pushing even slightly-questionable code into an EOL release.

Pushed with that change.

            regards, tom lane