Re: Postgres 12 - enable en_NZ.UTF-8 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres 12 - enable en_NZ.UTF-8
Date
List pgsql-novice
Anrik Drenth <drentha@gmail.com> writes:
> How do I enable "en_NZ.UTF-8", in Postgres 12, in the file
> /etc/postgresql/12/main/postgresql.conf
> Changing 'en_US.UTF-8' to 'en_NZ.UTF-8' for the following: lc_messages,
> lc_monetary, lc_numeric, lc_time.

> And restarting Postgres 12 - I get the error "invalid value for parameter
> "lc_time": "en_NZ.UTF-8".

That has nothing to do with what's in pg_collation.  It means that
you don't have this locale definition installed at the OS level.
Probably "locale -a | grep NZ" will not find it.  So you need to
install the relevant OS package.  You didn't say what platform
you're on, so I can't guess which package that is; but it's
something related to libc, not Postgres.

            regards, tom lane