Re: Question regarding SSL code in backend and frontend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Question regarding SSL code in backend and frontend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 17:57, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I rather wonder whether the #ifdef WIN32 bit in the backend isn't dead
>> code though.  If the port isn't in nonblock mode, we shouldn't really
>> get here at all, should we?

> Not in a position to look at the code right now, but first guess - we
> *always* have the underlying socket in nonblocking mode on win32, so
> we can deliver signals properly.

Ah, I think you're right.  So actually, the retry looping is expected
to be never-invoked in the Unix case.  If it did happen, it'd be a busy
wait loop, which would probably be a bad thing ... but it shouldn't
happen, and not clear it's worth adding any code to consider the
possibility more carefully.