Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The problem is when to retokenize pg_hba.conf after a new pg_group is
> made.  Seems I can either force administrators to 'pg_ctl reload' to
> update for group changes, or automatically retokenize pg_hba.conf every
> time I update pg_group.

Why exactly are you looking to reinvent the wheel, rather than doing
it the same way we currently handle pg_shadow updates?  Send the
postmaster a signal when you modify the flat file, and it can reread
the file on receipt of the signal.  See SendPostmasterSignal().