Re: Assertion failure in AtCleanup_Portals - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Assertion failure in AtCleanup_Portals
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> writes:
> If I run the following sequence of commands, I get an assertion
> failure in current HEAD.

> postgres=# BEGIN;
> BEGIN
> postgres=# SELECT 1/0;
> ERROR:  division by zero
> postgres=# ROLLBACK TO A;
> ERROR:  no such savepoint
> postgres=# \q

> The process fails when the session is closed and aborted transaction
> gets cleaned at the proc_exit time. The stack trace is as below.

Hmm.  It works fine if you issue an actual ROLLBACK command there,
so my gut reaction is that AbortOutOfAnyTransaction isn't sufficiently
duplicating the full-fledged ROLLBACK code path.  No time to dig further
right now though.