pass date type data to PQexecparams - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From pr0v4
Subject pass date type data to PQexecparams
Date
List pgsql-novice
I need to pass date type data from one table to another using the libpq library wich meens that I'm using the C programming language...
PQexecparams look's like:

res = PQexecParams(conn,
"INSERT INTO orders (userid,productid,qty,nomprice,discount,totprice,delivered,orderdate) VALUES ($1::int4,$2::int4,$3::int4,$4::int4,$5::int4,$6::int4,$7::int4,$8::QUESTION)",
8,
NULL,
paramValues,
paramLengths,
paramFormats,
1)

You can see that last 8th argument is of type QUESTION, well this is my question wich datatype must be declared to pass date into ?