Mailing list duplicate-elimination question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Mailing list duplicate-elimination question
Date
List pgsql-general
Although I have all my PG mail list subscriptions set to "unique"
(send only one copy of cross-posted messages), I've been noticing lately
that that feature doesn't seem to work as well as it used to.  I've
gotten a fair number of multiple copies of cross-posted messages.

I did "show tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us" in majordomo to verify that I had all
the lists set to "unique" mode, and it seemed I did ... but I noticed
that it shows
        Subscribed as   Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
for some lists and
        Subscribed as   tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
for others.  Do you happen to know if that might bollix up the
duplicate-elimination logic?

            regards, tom lane