Re: Win32 link() function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Win32 link() function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Hmm, interesting.  Are we requiring our DBs to be on NTFS already?

> Oh, yea, we only support tablespaces on Win32 using NTFS.

Well, the important point there is that we fail gracefully if you try to
use tablespaces when not on NTFS.  So you're going to have to make sure
that pg_migrator's --link option fails gracefully when not on NTFS.

(Come to think of it, --link can fail on Unix too, if the user tries to
put the new database on a different filesystem.  Have you got guards in
there to make sure this is discovered before the point of no return?)