Re: COPY doesn't works when containing ' ' or ' ' characters on db - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COPY doesn't works when containing ' ' or ' ' characters on db
Date
Re: COPY doesn't works when containing ' ' or ' ' characters on db  ("Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
RE: COPY doesn't works when containing ' ' or ' ' characters on db  ("Rainer Mager" <rmager@vgkk.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Jaume Teixi <teixi@6tems.com> writes:
> I finally percated that when data contains '�' or '�' it's impossible to
> parse trought:

> COPY products FROM '/var/lib/postgres/dadesi.txt' USING DELIMITERS '|' \g

> it causes:

> SELECT edicion FROM products;
>      edicion
>  Espa�a|Nacional <-------puts on the same cell either there's an '|' in
> the middle!!!

Very odd.  What LOCALE and multibyte encodings are you using, if any?
This seems like it must be a multibyte issue, but I can't guess what.

Also, which Postgres version are you running?  If you said, I missed it.

            regards, tom lane