Re: incremental backups - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: incremental backups
Date
List pgsql-general
Rick Gigger <rick@alpinenetworking.com> writes:
> And here is the real million dollar question.  Let's say for some
> reason I don't have the last WAL file I need for my backup to be
> valid.  Will it die and tell me it's bad or will it just start up
> with a screwed up data directory?

It'll restore up to the end of the data it has.  The only case that's
actually "invalid" is not restoring far enough to cover the time window
that the original base backup was taken over.  Otherwise it's just a
situation of restoring up to a particular point in time...

            regards, tom lane