Re: UnixWare 7.1.3 (BETA), C99 compiler, current CVS, error... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: UnixWare 7.1.3 (BETA), C99 compiler, current CVS, error...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> Without specifying the -Xb switch to kill the C99 interpretation of
> inline, I get the following from current CVS:

> UX:acomp: ERROR: "tuplesort.c", line 1854: "inline" functions cannot use
> "static" identifier: myFunctionCall2

I don't understand what it's unhappy about.  My C99 draft sez
      [#6] Any function with internal linkage  can  be  an  inline      function.

so the text of the message is surely not what they are really
complaining about?  Or is the compiler broken?