Copy data from DB2 (Linux) to PG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ravi Krishna
Subject Copy data from DB2 (Linux) to PG
Date
Re: Copy data from DB2 (Linux) to PG
Re: Copy data from DB2 (Linux) to PG
List pgsql-general
I have a project to develop a script/tool to copy data from DB2 to PG.  The approach I am thinking is

1. Export data from db2 in a text file, with, say pipe as delimiter.
2. Load the data from the text file to PG using COPY command.

In order to make it faster I can parallelize export and load with upto X number of tables concurrently.

Is there a tool in which I can avoid first exporting and then loading.  I think one way I can do it is by
using pipes by which I can export from db2 to a pipe and simultaneously load it to PG using COPY.

Any other tool for this job?

thanks.