Re: build postgresql-7.4.2 fails: FATAL: semctl(35, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Inv,alid argument - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: build postgresql-7.4.2 fails: FATAL: semctl(35, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Inv,alid argument
Date
List pgsql-bugs
contact <contact@uuukkk.net> writes:
> creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... FATAL:
> semctl(35, 16, SETVAL, 536) failed: Invalid argument

You're not going to get a lot of help on this when you didn't mention
your platform, but it looks like your kernel doesn't support SysV IPC.
See the PG admin guide for some hints.

> Besides 7.4.1 runs!!!

Did you have 7.4.1 running at the same time?  Maybe you're hitting the
kernel limit on how many SysV semaphores you can have at once.  That's
not quite the error message I would have expected in that case, but
it's a possibility.

            regards, tom lane