Re: FDW error on remote view - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FDW error on remote view
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Mauger <mmauger@protonmail.com> writes:
> Why is there an error in the app context only when I invoke the view
> through a FOREIGN TABLE. And more importantly, how do I get around it?

It's hard to be sure with this amount of detail, but I think
what is happening is that your view invokes a plpgsql function
and that function is sensitive to the active search_path.
postgres_fdw runs the remote session with minimal search path
(i.e., search_path = 'pg_catalog'), so a function that tries
to reference something in 'public' is not gonna work unless
it provides an explicit schema-qualification or a function-local
setting of search_path.

            regards, tom lane