Re: Adding XMLEXISTS to the grammar - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Adding XMLEXISTS to the grammar
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Look at how the POSITION() pseudofunction is defined around gram.y
> line 9651.  Essentially any special syntax of this type gets converted
> to a regular function call internally.  So in your case I think there
> will be some function that gets called something ike this:

> xmlexists(xpath_expression, xml_expression)

> ...but the grammar can be modified to allow a different syntax for
> that function call.

Note also that we typically try to allow the function to be called with
the generic comma-separated syntax as well as the keyword-based syntax
that the SQL committee has such weird love for.  This makes life easier
for users, and it also means that we don't need special cases in
ruleutils.c.