Re: [HACKERS] WARNING: relcache reference leak: relation "p1" not closed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] WARNING: relcache reference leak: relation "p1" not closed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> writes:
> With e434ad39ae7316bcf35fd578dd34ad7e1ff3c25f I did a `make world`,
> `make install-world`, a fresh default initdb, a start with default
> config, `make installcheck`, connected to the regression database
> with psql as the initial superuser, and ran:

> regression=# vacuum freeze analyze;
> WARNING:  relcache reference leak: relation "p1" not closed
> VACUUM

p1 is a partitioned table.  (BTW, could I lobby for people not to use such
generic, collision-prone names for tables that will be left behind after
the regression tests?)  Also, I find that "vacuum analyze" is sufficient,
or even just "analyze", or "analyze p1".  I think it's highly likely this
was introduced by 3c3bb99330aa9b4c2f6258bfa0265d806bf365c3.  Certainly
that failed to add appropriate regression test cases, or we would have
noticed this already.