Re: TODO item: list prepared queries - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: TODO item: list prepared queries
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> The docs need some improvement, but I'm not aware of any major remaining
> issues with the patch.

I object VERY strongly to the part of the patch that inserts a
deparse_query_list() call into exec_parse_message().  That is not a
cheap operation, and imposing that sort of overhead on every Parse
message is entirely unacceptable from a performance point of view.

I see no need for it either.  What's wrong with regurgitating the
original source string, which is already saved in prepared queries?

Other than that show-stopper, the patch looks reasonable at first glance.

            regards, tom lane