Re: LockObject patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: LockObject patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Here is the LockObject patch I was able to come up with.  It's almost
> the same patch that Rod Taylor published two years ago; basically, it
> expands LOCKTAG with a ClassId attribute, and provides a LockObject
> method to allow locking arbitrary objects.

I wonder whether it wouldn't be possible to clean up the "XactLockTable"
kluge with this --- ie, instead of denoting transaction locks by a
special relation ID, denote them by a special class ID.  That might just
move the kluginess from one place to another, but it's worth thinking about.

            regards, tom lane