Re: RFC: Query Planner making a distinction between Cross - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RFC: Query Planner making a distinction between Cross
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:
> Hmmm.  I would think the first step would be to simply change the cross-db
> queries aren't supported to one of "schema either does not exist or is not
> in the search path".

AFAICT the issue is that Stef thought it was complaining about a
different name than it actually was complaining about.  I've added
code to CVS tip so that these messages will show the qualified name in
question.  The given example will now produce

ERROR:  cross-database references are not implemented: history.test_hist.nextval
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "test_autohist" line 2 at SQL statement

which perhaps will be a bit more illuminating.