Re: raise is not working - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: raise is not working
Date
List pgsql-sql
"CHRIS HOOVER" <CHRIS.HOOVER@companiongroup.com> writes:
> They were a double quote.  I switched all of the double quotes out for single
> quotes but still not go.  The function appears to run and return no results
> but, I don't get any raises.  I have even tried moving the raises to be fire
> first lines in the function, but to no avail.

Hmm.  We saw a case just the other day where someone was mystified why
they weren't getting reasonable results, and it turned out that what
they were doing was editing function foo(something) and then invoking
a pre-existing function foo(somethingelse).  Check for similarly-named
functions with different parameter lists ...
        regards, tom lane