Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error
Date
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera Munoz <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> writes:
>> Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>> I had a new idea on output format.  Instead of converting newline to
>> "\n", and double-escaping backslashes, we add a tab after any newline,

> Not good.  Some syslogs will replace the literal tab with a ^I.

That seems okay.  We just want to make sure continuation lines are
easily distinguishable.  (But leading spaces would be okay with me too.)

> How would it handle multiple fields?  Say
> LOG: blah blah
> DETAIL: something
> HINT: something else

> Will it be
> LOG: blah blah
>         DETAIL: something else
>         HINT: something else

No, one would hope no tab before DETAIL/HINT/etc.  The idea is to be
able to recognize when the contents of one of these entries spans lines.

            regards, tom lane