Re: What's the CURRENT schema ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What's the CURRENT schema ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Actually that was my initial choice of name, but I changed my mind
>> later.  The reason is that the dbadmin should be able to restrict or
>> even delete the public namespace if his usage plans for the database
>> don't allow any shared objects.

> Can't we prevent creation in there by (un)setting permissions?

That was what I was referring to by "restrict" ... but ISTM we should
allow dropping the namespace too.  Why waste cycles searching it if
you don't want to use it?

> There should be a more practical way of making it empty than having to
> drop
> each object individually (DROP will drop the contents but refuse to
> delete
> the schema itself as it is a pg_ one?).

I'd expect DROP on a reserved namespace to error out, and thus do
nothing at all.