Re: BUG #15592: Memory overuse with subquery containing unnest() and set operations (11.x regression) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15592: Memory overuse with subquery containing unnest() and set operations (11.x regression)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On January 14, 2019 8:24:40 AM PST, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Ugh.  Something is creating ExprContexts and not freeing them --- a
>> memory context dump taken at ExecutorEnd shows

> Think I know where the problem is - let me have a coffee and check? I think I might have a good lying around...

I had just determined that the extra context was added by bf6c614a2,
which at this point has accumulated a pretty serious collection of
bugs, judging by subsequent mentions in the commit log.

I'm inclined to think that entire patch needs review.

            regards, tom lane