Re: async notification patch for dblink - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: async notification patch for dblink
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> BTW, some commitfest procedural comments/questions:

> 1) I couldn't figure out how to attach my patch to the commitfest page
> short of cut-n-paste into the small comment text box -- is that my only
> choice?

No, what you should do is first send the patch to -hackers, then put the
message-ID of that email into the place provided.  The comment box isn't
really meant for much more than a one-line summary of the message being
linked to.

> 3) I couldn't see any way to assign myself as the committer.

Yeah, the webapp doesn't explicitly record the committer for a patch.
What I've been doing is adding a comment saying that I'm taking a patch
to commit.  A separate field would probably be better though.