Re: [BUG?] tuples from file_fdw has strange xids. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUG?] tuples from file_fdw has strange xids.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> Hello, I found that tuples come from file_fdw has strange xmin and xmax.

file_fdw isn't documented to return anything useful for xmin/xmax/etc,
so I don't find this surprising.

> The patch attached fixes the header of materialized tuple to be
> sane (2, 0) if the source slot was a virtual tuple in mechanism().

I don't really think it's ForeignNext's place to be doing something
about this.  It seems like a useless expenditure of cycles.  Besides,
this fails to cover e.g. postgres_fdw, which is likewise unconcerned
about what it returns for system columns other than ctid.