Re: Query performance problem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Query performance problem
Date
List pgsql-performance
> I am going to assume that one of the sc.cpfcnpj's above is really rc.cpfcnpj
> since that corresponds to the explain below.

No, actually the explain plan corresponds to the sc.cpfcnpj = sc.cpfcnpj
condition.  I didn't twig to the typo until I started to wonder why the
plan had the condition in the wrong place (attached to the seqscan and
not the join step).

> sc.cpfcnpj and rc.cpfcnpj are different length varchars. You made need
> an explicit cast to allow the use of indexes.

AFAIK the cross-type issues only apply to crossing actual types, not
lengths.  That does look like an error in the database schema, though.

            regards, tom lane