Re: Problem with text search in Postgresql 10 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with text search in Postgresql 10
Date
List pgsql-general
Howard News <howardnews@selestial.com> writes:
> If I try:
> select to_tsquery('english', 'hello');
> I get the error
> ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type oid: "english"

Huh, should work.  What does "\df *.to_tsquery" show?

> Any ideas how to fix this? I have read in older support forums that the
> problem may be related to older contrib methods for ts_query. If this is
> so - how do I remove the contrib decalrations?

Could be something like that, but let's not theorize in advance of
the data.

If you could find out what PG version the older database was, that'd help.
Also, was text search working for your colleague in the old installation?

            regards, tom lane