Re: Transaction safe Truncate - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Transaction safe Truncate
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> I'd like to split cluster_rel() in cluster.c into 2 functions at line
> 174.  The permission checks, locking, etc will remain in cluster_rel().
> The bottom half will be turned into a function called
> rebuild_rel(tableOid Oid, indexOid Oid, dataCopy bool).

I just finished fixing the division of labor between TruncateRelation
and heap_truncate.  Please don't break it merely to avoid rearranging
code in cluster.c.  Actually, I'd argue that cluster should adopt
truncate's code layout, not vice versa.

> I'll also move TruncateRelation into cluster.c.

You could leave it where it is and just move heap_truncate.