Re: BUG #16007: Regarding patch for BUG #3995: pqSocketCheck doesn't return - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16007: Regarding patch for BUG #3995: pqSocketCheck doesn't return
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> We are using PostgreSQL Version 8.3.17 in our product and running into issue
> described under BUG#3995.
> Can you please share if any patch is there on 8.3.x version to address this
> issue.

So far as I can see from the discussion of #3995, there was absolutely
no reason to think there was any PG bug.  But you are following in the
footsteps of that reporter by (a) jumping to a conclusion about what
your problem is, and (b) providing absolutely zero concrete information
that would allow anyone to help you.

Please read
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

Also, you really should think about updating to a version of Postgres
that isn't many years obsolete.  Even if your problem did trace down
to being a PG bug, we are not going to fix it in 8.3.x.

            regards, tom lane