Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for coordinating record typmods among parallel worke - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for coordinating record typmods among parallel worke
Date
List pgsql-committers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> The attached patch fixes the problem
> by getting rid of the code that accesses shmem in the detach hook.
> With this patch applied installcheck survives on a cluster with
> force_parallel_worker=regress.

In hopes of getting the buildfarm back to green, I went ahead and pushed
a slightly more aggressive form of this --- I took out the worker-specific
detach function altogether.  We can resurrect it if we ever have a more
plausible idea of how to do worker recycling, but for now I don't see a
reason to waste bytes on useless and incorrect code.