Bug with Temp table with serial column - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Heggie
Subject Bug with Temp table with serial column
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

When creating a temp table with a column which has a type of serial, the er=
ror below appears in the postgres log file after disconnection.
This also then leaves the temp table, seq, idx and schema in the db.
It looks like postgres is trying to clean up the temp stuff and is trying t=
o delete the sequence before the table.
To get around this you must drop the temp table before disconnecting but th=
is still leaves a new schema behind.
We are creating this temp table for pagination. Any better ideas?

Thanks
David Heggie

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence 'account800090_account8=
00090id_seq' for SERIAL column 'account800090.account800090id'
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'account8000=
90_pkey' for table 'account800090'
LOG:  pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: Connection reset by peer
ERROR:  Cannot drop sequence account800090_account800090id_seq because tabl=
e account800090 column account800090id requires it
        You may drop table account800090 column account800090id instead
LOG:  server process (pid 29161) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
        died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am
        going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
[...]
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and sem=
aphores
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2003-02-05 10:01:01 EST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/11B291F0
LOG:  redo record is at 0/11B291F0; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction id: 975194; next oid: 352850
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in pro=
gress
LOG:  redo starts at 0/11B29230
LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/11B3A5F0
LOG:  redo done at 0/11B3A5C8
LOG:  database system is ready