Re: row level lock and table level locks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: row level lock and table level locks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Now, if a subtransaction has got a lock on some tuple, and another
> transaction tree tries to grab the lock on that tuple, it should have to
> wait for the entire transaction tree to finish.  But what if the
> subtransaction that got the lock aborts?  Maybe the waiter could awake
> at that point.

Yes.  At present, a transaction that aborts will *immediately* drop all
its locks (and other shared resources), even before waiting for its
client to acknowledge the failure.  Seems to me the same should hold
true of subtransactions.