Re: Use relative rpath if possible - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Use relative rpath if possible
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
>> rebased patch attached, no functionality changes

> I poked at this a bit, and soon found that it fails check-world,
> because the isolationtester binary is built with an rpath that
> only works if it's part of the temp install tree, which it ain't.

Oh ... just thought of another issue in the same vein: what about
modules being built out-of-tree with pgxs?  (I'm imagining something
with a libpq.so dependency, like postgres_fdw.)  We probably really
have to keep using the absolute rpath for that, because not only
would such modules certainly fail "make check" with a relative
rpath, but it's not really certain that they're intended to get
installed into the same installdir as the core libraries.