Re: pgbench: Support Multiple Simultaneous Runs (with Mean and Std. Dev.) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgbench: Support Multiple Simultaneous Runs (with Mean and Std. Dev.)
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Thomas F. O'Connell" <tfo@sitening.com> writes:
> The main addition is the addition of a -x option that allows
> specification of a number of successive runs of pgbench for use in
> sanity-checking basic benchmark results to reduce the potential for
> noise in a single run.

What exactly does this do that increasing the number of transactions
doesn't do?

Not to say that I'm not all for making pgbench results more trustworthy.
But adding still another parameter that people don't know what to do
with isn't going to create any progress in that direction.

            regards, tom lane