Re: Bug #766: version difference creates problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug #766: version difference creates problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
>> select * from "inout" is working. but, such thing can not be done in my
>> web application as it is a java code and I can't afford to change all
>> the queries with table name change thoroughout the system.

> You're going to have to or be stuck with old versions forever.

Actually, it looks like "inout" is an unreserved keyword as of 7.2,
so his real mistake was not upgrading far enough ;-)

In general though, using words that are stated to be reserved by SQL99
as column or table names is a recipe for trouble in the long term...

            regards, tom lane