Re: array support patch phase 1 patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: array support patch phase 1 patch
Date
Re: array support patch phase 1 patch  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
List pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Next question: should I roll the three array related patches floating
> around (phase2, phase3, polycoerce) into one big patch again? It's
> difficult for me to continue to make progress without doing that.

If it's easier at your end.

> +     /* Last of the fast-paths: check for matching polymorphic arrays */
> +     if (targettype == ANYARRAYOID)
> +         if (get_element_type(srctype) != InvalidOid)
> +             return true;

This doesn't seem quite right; won't the second test succeed for NAME
and other fixed-length-array types?  You need to restrict it to varlena
arrays, I'd think.

            regards, tom lane