Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add support for matching wildcard server certificates to the new
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> See attached patch which takes out the parts of fnmatch that we're not
> interested in, and puts it directly in fe-secure.c. Obviously, if we go
> down that way, we can remove fnmatch.c from port again :-)

> Thoughts?

Generally +1, but a couple of comments:

* This seems to be still mostly NetBSD code, so I think you need to do
more than just credit them in an aside.  Should we repeat the full
NetBSD copyright notice for this one function?

* This is still making unjustified assumptions about the behavior of
tolower/toupper.  I think you probably want ASCII-only case folding,
ie use pg_toupper/pg_tolower.  If it actually should be locale aware
then it's still wrong because it won't work in multibyte encodings.
Also you forgot the de rigueur (unsigned char) casts for ctype.h calls.