Re: termcap and curses - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: termcap and curses
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> To start with, what do we need libtermcap and libcurses for?  Readline
> requires one or the other, but not both.  Anything else?

I think that psql once required these.  It probably does not anymore
(except indirectly via readline).  There's certainly no reason to be
linking them into the backend.  Try yanking 'em and see what happens.

On HPUX, at least, it would be real nice not to include libcurses;
some genius thought it would be OK to define a function named
select() in libcurses ...